What is the United Airline cancellation policy?
There may be situations when you have to make changes to your travel plans. United Airlines' 24-hour cancellation policy allows you to make changes in the flight bookings without paying any additional charges. To avail of the benefits of the 24-hour cancellation policy, the flights must have been booked at least 1 week before the scheduled departure of the flight.
You have to visit the official website to know How much is the cancellation fee for United airlines? The cancellation policy of United Airlines is different if you cancel the bookings within and after 24 hours of the booking. You can go through the conditions mentioned below-
24-hour cancellation policy
The 24-hour cancellation policy of the airline suggests that you can cancel your flight bookings within 24 hours of the flight booking without paying any additional charge. It is calculated from the exact time of your flight booking. United Airlines cancellation policy covid is also available on the official website.
How much is the cancellation fee for United airlines?
The important points of the 24-hour cancellation policy are mentioned below-
- The tickets must have been booked at least one week before the scheduled departure of the flight.
- It applies to the flight tickets booked from the official website, ticket booking counters, or other ticket booking centers authorized by United Airlines
- You cannot make changes to the tickets booked under the basic economy fare. You have to cancel these tickets and make a fresh flight booking
- The amount of the tickets is refunded in the form of the original form of payment- cash/ debit card/credit card.
- The tickets purchased with a United Gift certificate are refunded through electronic travel certificates.
- This policy does not include tickets purchased through e-certificates.
- Incomplete flight bookings are not included in this policy and you do not get any refund for them
- Fare lock fee used to hold your flight booking is not refundable under this policy
This helps you know How much is the cancellation fee for United airlines? you can save your money if you ever need to cancel your flight ticket. United Airlines cancellation policy covid provides you the details regarding the cancellation policy during the time of the pandemic.
It does not matter whether you booked a refundable or non-refundable flight ticket because there is no cancellation charge on the flight booking within the 24-hour cancellation policy of the airline.
Other cancellation policies-
The flights booked under basic economy fare cannot be changed. It is necessary to cancel the booking and make a fresh one. No changes are permitted in these flight bookings even under the 24-hour cancellation. The cancellation policy after 24 hours of the flight booking is mentioned below-
- You can cancel or make changes to the other types of bookings- refundable, non-refundable, or award bookings.
- You have to pay a certain amount of cancellation charges if you cancel your bookings after 24 hours of booking your flight.
- You have to pay the cancellation charges according to the fare law of the airline.
- You cancel your flight and get a full refund if the airline delays your flight for more than 5 hours
- You can cancel the flight tickets anytime in case of death or severe illness of the passengers.
- You cannot cancel the tickets booked through a travel agent. You have to ask them to complete the process.
You can follow the instructions on the official website of the airline to get full information regarding How much is the cancellation fee for United airlines? You can contact the customer care service if you face any doubt or confusion about the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy of the airline.