How much does it cost to change a flight on Avianca?
If you have a reservation with Avianca, the airline provides you 24 hours to change the flight free of cost. If you can change flight within 24 hours of booking and the delivery date is after seven days, you don't need to pay any penalty. However, if you fail to complete the change within 24 hours of ticket purchase, you must pay the change fee.
The change fee in Avianca depends on the fare type you purchased from the airline. For Economy class, the change fee is around AR $ 500, and fare difference. If you hold a flex class, you need to pay the change fee of around AR $ 150 and the fare difference. If you hold a promo class, the change fee you need to pay is around AR $ 700, and the fare difference. You can speak to the Avianca executive directly for additional information.
How much does it cost to change the date of an Avianca flight?
Avianca airlines always try to meet every passenger's demand for the preferred flight journey. One can book their flight travel with Avianca airlines online at their website. Sometimes, you can face issues due to which you cannot board the flight on the expected departure. Passengers are allowed to change their travel before the scheduled departure by paying some fees. The flight change fees will calculate between $25 to $200, along with the fare difference. Thus, to change the flight date, you can follow the below steps online:
- In the beginning, you must get the official website of Avianca airlines.
- After this, you can proceed to the manage your booking section available on the website.
- You must enter the booking reference number and the passenger's last name.
- When you tap on the retrieve button, you will access the booking.
- From that, you can select the appropriate flight that you wish to change.
- Once you tap on the flight change button, you can choose the new travel dates.
- You can tap on the search button and find the list of available flights.
- You can pay for the fare difference and date change fees when you proceed further.
- Avianca airlines will send you the confirmation mail related to the date change.
How much do you pay to change the date of a flight?
The flight date change fees depend on multiple factors with Avianca airlines. Following are the appropriate fees for your journey.
- Passengers who change the flight date within 24 hours of the purchase are not required to pay any fees.
- If you change the travel after 24 hours, you need to pay fees of $75 to $100 for the domestic departure.
- For the international flight, you must pay fees varying between $100 to $400 according to the reservation type and travel destination.
Apart from the change fees, you must also pay the fare difference accordingly.
How many times can you change your flight Avianca?
As per the online sources, you can make changes only once. However, several factors might affect the changes; you must speak to the Avianca representative for an actual answer.
Besides, if you wonder how you can change the flight with Avianca, follow the steps below.
- Go to the aviaca.com and look for the option to manage your reservation
- Provide reservation number and last name of the passengers and hit continue
- After you log in, select the option change your flight and then buy now
- Retrieve the booking and mark the reservation you want to change
- Once you mark it, you can select the origin, destination, date, and time for your new flight.
- Now you can see all the availabilities and the value of fare difference, where applicable.
- Now verify all the details on the payment page
- After confirming the new itinerary, click the continue button to clear payment and confirm the flight change.
- Besides, you should also note some important points below before you change flight with Avianca.
- If you change the flight with Avianca, the change will apply to all the passengers included in that reservation. However, if you wish to change flight only for one passenger, you will have to call the airline or visit.
- If there is a penalty on your ticket for route/date changes, you will have to pay it with a valid credit card.
- Besides, if the new changes have a higher fare, you will have to pay the fare difference between the original and the new ticket.
- If you had purchased an upgrade to business class on the ticket you are modifying; you will lose the upgrade after making changes.
- You can change the only ticket you purchased directly from the website.
Know about fees to change a flight with Avianca
Avianca always offers its services that are passenger-oriented, or are for the benefit of passengers, for example, refund policy, easy flight change process, etc. And if you have booked your flight ticket already, and you are planning to change a flight and wondering if is there a fee to change a flight with Avianca, then go through the discussion that is below:
Is there a fee to change a flight with Avianca?
- For a basic economy ticket, you have to incur 500 USD and also a difference in fare.
- For promo class, the Change fee is 700 USD + a difference in fare.
- Fees also depend on the date (when changes are made to the ticket.), type of ticket, class of a ticket, etc.
- You have to pay a fare difference even if you are making changes within 24 hours of your booking.
- The flight change fee is 150 USD if you have tickets in flex class.
Have a glance at some key points of the flight change policy:
Before jumping directly to change your flight and to know about the fees, one must know about some key points of changing flight policy to avoid any additional charges, have a look:
- Changing a flight within 24 hours of your booking carries no additional cost.
- Incur an additional cost if the new ticket price is higher than the earlier one.
- By changing a flight, you will lose all the upgrades you made in the earlier ticket.
- If you have non-refundable tickets, you cannot make any modifications to your ticket.