All about Avianca airlines cancellation policy!
If you look forward to cancelling your Avianca Flight and are worried about the cancellation fee, you can go through the quick points about How much does it cost to cancel a flight Avianca below.
As per the 24-hour cancellation policy of the airline, if you cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking and the departure date is seven days away or more, there will be no cancellation fee applied. However, if you fail to cancel the flight within 24 hours, you will be prompted to pay a cancellation fee.
Depending on the fare type, you might have to pay the cancellation fee of around $ 25 to $150.
You can directly speak to an Avianca customer representative to know about How much is the cancelation fee in Avianca? and get exact fee details.
A quick guide about Avianca cancellation fee
Avianca allows you to cancel the flight free of cost if you complete cancellation formalities within 24 from the ticket purchase time. However, if you fail to do so, you need to pay the cancellation fee after the risk-free period. The Avianca cancellation fee varies from $ 100- $ 400 depending on the fare types and other external factors.
Let's check out how to cancel a flight with Avianca.
- Go to the official site of Avianca airlines
- Look for the manage booking section on the screen
- Enter the confirmation number and last name, click on continue
- Now select the ticket you wish to cancel and proceed with the cancel button
- Now provide the cancellation reason and proceed further
- On the payment page, pay for the fare difference and cancellation fee (If applicable)
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the cancellation process.
In this way, you can cancel your flight with Avianca anytime. You can also speak to the Avianca customer support team if you face any issues.
How to cancel flight Avianca?
If you wish to cancel the Avianca booking, you can either opt to visit the online site of the airline or call the aileron directly to cancel your flight. However, you can follow the quick cancellation steps below to avoid confusion.
Cancel the flight online
- Visit the official site of Avinaac online i:e avianca.com
- Now go to the section "Manage your trip."
- You can now login to your Avianca account to retrieve the booking details
- If you don't have an account, click on the change your flight button
- Enter the last name and confirmation number to access booking details; click on the search button
- Now you need to choose the booking to be cancelled, click on the cancel reservation option
- Provide the valid reason for cancellation and let the airline verify it
- Now you can proceed with the cancellation by following the instruction on the screen
- Pay the cancellation fee if applicable, and you can now apply for the refund as well
In addition to the above online procedure, you can also speak to the Avianca support team and request them to cancel the ticket on your behalf. Here is the procedure mentioned below for your reference.
By calling to Avianca customer service
You can also speak to the Avianca support team by calling on its customer care number. Tell them your reason for calling, and provide them with all the booking reference numbers so that they can help you to cancel the flight ticket on your behalf. If applicable, pay the cancellation fee to complete the process. Once the support team cancels your flight, you get a confirmation email from the airline.
It's a traditional way to cancel the flight; if you cannot cancel the flight using the above options, visit your nearest airport and meet Avianac in person to cancel your flight.
The above procedures apply for the ticket booked directly from the official site or by calling Avianca or at the airport. However, if you book the flight via a third party, speak to the agent directly to cancel your flight ticket,
Does Avianca have a 24 hour cancellation policy?
Avianca does provide a 24-hour cancellation policy for passengers travelling to and from the U.S. As per the 24-hour policy; the airline allows you to cancel the flight free of cost and provide a full refund if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of booking and departure is seven days away.
However, you need to pay the cancellation charges if you fail to complete the cancellation formalities within the stipulated period.
The cancellation charge depends on your fare type/rules applied at the booking time.
The 24-hour policy is applied to all the ticket tickets, whether they are refundable or non-refundable.
As per the airline's cancellation policy, if you hold a refundable ticket and cancel the flight after 24 hours, you will get a refund after the deduction of cancellation charges from the airline. If you hold a non-refundable ticket and cancel it after 24 hours, you will not be eligible for a refund but will receive a credit point for future travel.