How long can you change Delta before flight departure?
Sometimes travel plans change unexpectedly. And to change Delta flight passengers' search, How long before a Delta flight can you change it? The answer is you are eligible to make changes to your reservation up to 24 hours after flight departure. You can change your flight anytime after confirming your reservation. And you are liable to get a full refund if you cancel within the initial 24 hours of flight booking. Flight changes after departure do not hold any value, so passengers must take care to modify their tickets as early as possible.
What are Delta flight change policies?
Customers must carefully go through Delta Airlines change flight policy before canceling or changing their flight. Some of the important highlights are described below:
- If you purchased tickets for the main cabin or other above traveling class departing from the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean, then you need not pay any flight change fee.
- If the price of your newly purchased ticket is less than the original cost, then you will be refunded the remaining amount in the form of e-credits.
- If the cost is more than the previously reserved flight, then passengers must pay the remaining amount to the airlines.
- If you have made a reservation in basic economy class, then you are not eligible to change your delta ticket.
- If you made up your mind to change your reservation within 24 hours of the original booking, then you need not pay a flight change fee. If a change is made after this period, then customers are required to pay a flight change fee to Delta.
Delta Flight change procedure:
People must use the below-mentioned steps to cancel or change their Delta reservation:
- Begin the process by visiting the official Delta webpage.
- Now you must log in to your account to proceed further.
- Click on “My Trips” from the top menu bar.
- To discover your reservation, you need to fill in the passenger's last name and booking reference number.
- As you obtain your ticket, click on change or cancel the flight.
- Choose an alternate flight option, and pay the remaining amount.
- Mention your reason for cancellation and click on the confirmation button.
- Soon you will receive a flight change confirmation.
What is Delta Airlines’ flight change fee?
Sometimes before canceling or changing their reservation, passengers try to collect information about Delta Airlines' change flight fee. If you are also worried about the same, then you must consider the following points:
- Basic economy tickets can not be changed, but customers can cancel their reservation and obtain a partial refund.
- If you are holding a non-refundable Delta ticket, then you can change your flight ticket by paying an amount of $ 0 to $ 400, depending upon your traveling distance and traveling class.
- All those who cancel their Delta reservation within the initial 24 hours of flight booking will not have to pay flight change fee.