How to get a refund as money instead of a voucher from Aer Lingus?
For a canceled ticket, the airline gives money back in the original medium of the transaction and a voucher. Can I get a refund instead of a voucher from Aer Lingus? Read about it in detail on this page if you want to know. Here you will find under what conditions one can get a refund as money and voucher. You will also know about different ways to get money back from the airlines.
Terms and Conditions of Reimbursement from Airlines
- Airlines will give refund money to their passengers when:
- Passengers cancel A refundable ticket.
- You called off the reservation within twenty-four hours after making the payment.
- Airlines cancel the ticket because of any technical issue.
- Airlines will give vouchers instead of money when:
- Passengers can the ticket after twenty-four hours and apply for reimbursement of government taxes.
- You want your refund instantly to make a new reservation.
Different ways to get a refund from the airlines
Airlines have provided various mediums for their passengers to get a refund. One can apply for a refund by themselves or directly contact the airline's customer service. To know about it in detail, then keep reading till the end.
Online refund process:
A passenger does it themselves to get a refund instead of a voucher. For that, they will have to follow the steps given below:
- Download the airline's application and log in to the account you booked tickets.
- Go to the "my bookings" section, search for your ticket, and open it.
- Click on the cancel the ticket option and then fill out the refund form
- Lastly, submit the form, and your ticket is canceled.
Important: while filling out the refund request form, don't forget to opt for a refund in original transaction mode.
Refund through phone call:
you are allowed to call the airline for a refund. You have to get the Aer Lingus customer service phone number, and the contact number is available from Monday to Sunday for twenty-four hours.go through the instructions given below:
- Go to the airlines' website and choose your country and language from the top of the page.
- Move towards the end of the page and click on the "contact us" option in the help and support section
- Dial the number given on a new contact page. And then press 9 to talk to a live agent
- Share the asked details and the porter to cancel the ticket and apply for a refund.
Refund through live chat box:
if you cannot call the airlines, you can chat with a live person. For that, you have to visit the contact page of the airlines and click on an icon on the bottom right corner of the page for the chat. Chat with the live agent and ask them to reimburse your money. The timing for live chat is 07:00 AM to 10:00 PM for a whole week.
You have read above about how to get a refund. Now you can choose any method according to your convenience. After applying for the refund, you can check the refund status through Aer Lingus 24 hours service for customers or check mail for the same on your registered email id.